Thursday, May 31, 2007

Today

I only have time for a very quick post. But today I was realizing how people who work at grocery stores always seem to tag "today" to the end of all their senteces.

-How are you today?

-Did you find everything you were looking for today?

-Paper or plastic for you today?

-Would you like help out today?

-How can I help you today?

Really, all of these sentences would work just fine without the today on the end. And do we really need to clarify? I'm sure that customers are not assuming that we're asking if they want paper bags for yesterday.

2 comments:

sarahgrunder said...

this is true. so you know....next time i go to trader joes...im assuming you will come up to me and say:
how are you doing tomorrow?
would you like help out sometime next week?
paper or plastic for yesterday?

really.

Madison said...

That's a funny observation, Karyn. :-)