Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Arizona

So this weekend I went on a floor retreat to Arizona. About 30 of us went and I got to know some of the girls on my floor so much better. On Friday, we took about 6 hours to drive there....lots of time to listen to music. :D

Once we got there we ate dinner, watched 'The Holiday' (because what do you do on a girls retreat but watch sappy chick flicks), and played the 'sign' game until 3 am!! The sign game, for those of you who were like me and ignorant to the world of the game, is where you throw an invisible ball by making signs at one another and the person in the middle has to guess where the ball is at any given time. It sounds lame, but it was really fun. Thus, playing it till all hours of the night...or morning.

On Saturday, I went swimming, and read Thucydides and Plato in the mall with the 'we need to do homwork group' while the 'let's go shopping' group went...well, shopping. We then went out to dinner and totally swamped the restaurant with girls. It was pretty fun. :D

Sunday included house cleaning and worship before the drive back home. The car ride was...interesting. Turell and I were trying to read for class on Monday all the while Katie and Erin are plotting to kill me, somehow all the sand made Erin want to bury me on the side of the road. And then when I accidentally told them to turn left off the freeway and we ended up in Anaheim instead of La Mirada, they wanted to kill me even more. But in my defense I told them to go the opposite way of what I suggested, but they didn't listen to me.

So that was my weekend, and I'm still alive so it appears that Katie and Erin were only kidding. :D So family, be happy.

And on a side note, I've taken up running with some girls on my floor. We go run and then do sit-ups and other exercises on the track. It's fun and makes me want to exercise instead of read all day. Which is really tempting right now. So I need to go and do notes before class tomorrow--until the next post!

2 comments:

Madison said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, Karyn! :D

Anonymous said...

Yeah, glad everything sounds so enjoyable.
Chick flicks...haha, that reminds me about the Econ party - watch a chick flick (or so they labeled it) or play Cashflow.
(and btw, Torrey, I'm applying to Biola and WOW you wrote a 15 page research paper to BE a Torrey? Wow o_o)