Saturday, September 15, 2007

Photoshoot

For my Visual Aesthetics class I had the most amazing assignment... I had to take 16 photos demonstrating 16 different types of lighting. At first I was incredibley nervous about it...the last assignment that involved lighting....not a pretty picture (literally). I won't even post it on this blog it was so bad. I was afraid that this project would turn out the same, but armed with professional lights and the help of some friends (Kaitlyn, Evangeline, Laurie, and Bryant you guys rock!), the project actually turned out to be really fun and I really started to get the hang of lighting after working on three projects yesterday (mine, Kaitlyn's and Evangeline's) and two more today (Laurie's and the rest of mine).

Mr. Yamada gave us the option to tell a story with the photos, so I chose to tell the story of two lonely hoodie wearers who fall in love. So I hope you enjoy these pictures, I'd love to hear you're comments on them!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are AWESOME!! You're amazing, Karyn!

sarahgrunder said...

ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh! thats sooo rad! im lovin it!

u rock my socks missy.

did you take the pix?
cause they ar freakin awesome!

and the story is amazing too...i can totally see it...

Karyn said...

yep I took the pictures and lit them with real studio lights. I had help from other students here, but mostly this was my work. I'm so happy you like them. :) and isn't the last picture sweet. I can't believe that they were able to look like that!!!

Madison said...

Very very cool.

Anonymous said...

very awesome, karyn. =D love it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're good Karyn! And for your other post, it never occured to me that at a Christian College, students' faith would be put to the test harshly and dramatically. Thanks for mentioning that, learned something new :)

Karyn said...

It's not so much that they are making us question our faith so we will give up and stop being Christians, but that they want us to throughly understand our faith, so they are pushing us to question what we believe so that it can become stronger.