Monday, September 17, 2007

MoonShadows

This is going to be my first attempt at posting poetry on this blog. Hopefully as time goes by, it will get better, but here it is in any case. Any comments on ways to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

MoonShadows

Moon casts light
But darkness gains
Shadow of the past
Our pain remains

Standing in the cold
Behind me falls
A patch of dark-
My past it calls

The darkness surrounds
Between the stones
The harsh ferns grow
The cold wind moans

Watching specters
Of times gone past
The shimmering light
On water at last

Dimly dancing
Near to me
Then farther on
Brightness I see

Shadows behind,
The light's ahead
Its beckons me
For my past is dead.

Follow the shimmer
The glisten beyond,
And leave all the fears
Of which I'm so fond.

A flower blooms
White like a star
The shadow beneath
Calls hope from afar

I leave the dark
For brightening skies
Moon shadows behind
The sun will rise.

5 comments:

Leslyn Musch said...

outstanding!

sarahgrunder said...

AND I KNOW THIS GIRL!

SHES MY BEST FRIEND!

[im so happy to know the author of this freaking amazing poem.]


ohgosh kar. this. is. definetly "outstanding".
and i remember when we were exactly where this was inspired.
you somehow managed to work in an amazing event with emotions and where you are in your life.
outstanding.

=]

Anonymous said...

That is soooo amazing, Karyn! Marvelous =D

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm
love it karyn.
amazing.

Tim Higley said...

As a fellow writer, I give it two thumbs up! Keep working on the poetry, and never stop imaginating. That's when the best works bloom.